Kimono Presentation 2
The presentation we announced was conducted successfully! It was held on Friday March 5th starting at 4pm California Time. It was a program of Japanese Friendship Garden on zoom.
The content of the second presentation was …
Kimono : Historical and Cultural Art
Kimono, now and then
- Transition of design: From the Edo period to the present
- Changes in how to dress
- Fashion icons of kimono
The reason why kimono has been passed down from generation to generation
- The secret of Japanese dressmaking
- Is kimono eco-friendly?
- Tasuki: Tying tasuki
- Hold the ends of himo.
- Tie a knot./ Make an infinity.
- Put the rings on your shoulders one by one.
- Let the infinity go over your head.
- Pull the rings forward.
- If you have an X on the back, it’s perfect!!
- Obi musubi: Rose – furisode meets a dress
Furisodedress is sometimes worn at wedding receptions. It’s also good for parties. It was devised from the desire to wear furisode more because furisode is rarely worn.
Here is a part of the second presentation.
We give you an edited presentation for you in our lesson.
If you want to do, please contact us.
See you in our lesson!